Welcome to the Christchurch Amateur Radio Club
We are an enthusiastic club with around 100 members who enjoy the many
facets of Amateur Radio. We are keen to advance our hobby through encouragement
of new members to it, and see it grow through clubs like our own.
If you have come along to our activities in the past or not,
we welcome you along. Details of our meetings, and other activities can be
found on other parts of this web page.
We try to have a variety of interesting topices and we have
most of the business reasonably stream-lined, so that there is a maximum time
for chin-wagging. We also have quite a lot of keen chaps who regularly
undertake activities that benefit all the others, and we have found that those
that are able to give a little time for activity to promote the hobby are the
ones that become the most enthusiastic about it amd the Club.
You might be saying "But what's in it for me?" The following
list may help :-
- The opportunity to meet others with a common
- Put faces to the voices you might have been talking to or
listening to on the Amateur Bands.
- To be kept abreast of what help is available in both
technical and regulatory matters.
- To be able to put forward your views, to be discussed
amoung your peer group, on all matters relating to our hobby, and if
endorsed, to have them promoted through the system.
- To strengthen the broad cause of Amateur Radio by joining
a very active Club and hopefully the New Zealand Association of Radio
Some of the service which the Club offers at present and
which we hope to expand with growth of membership are:-
- Monthly meeting nights including in-house technical
- An annual "Equipment" (or "Boot") Sale of surplus
- Speakers from outside on matters of common and general
- Provision of repeaters on 2m and 70cm, and a 2m
digipeater. These are open to all Amateurs but the long term viability and
expansion rely on funds which flow from membership.
- Provision of a Club Station for H.F. and V.H.F. bands.
- Access to a growing technical and historical library.
- Joint participation in Club stations for Field Day, JOTA
and other contest and similar activities.
- A source of help from others who have experienced
difficulties with R.F. interference problems.
- A full range of AREC
activities, from Civil Defence and Search and Rescue communications,
through supplying communications for sport and other public activities.
- Technical advice for the newcomer for all aspects of the
- Social functions including Dinners, Christmas
Get-together, etc .
- On a more sombre note, assistance in the handling of
amateur radio aspects of deceased estates specifically the disposal of
- Radiotek is an
associated organisation set up to assist young people gain knowledge of
electronics and radio technology. Please click on the link for more
For more information see the Contacts
page or for meeting details see the Meetings
If you would like to join the Christchurch Amateur Radio Club download a
copy of our application
form, right click on this link and click on save target as
orsave link as. Also here is the subscription form which can
also be downloaded, please fill out the forms and send them and a cheque to the
treasurer he will put you into the system.
Last updated 25 Augustl 2019 by ZL3UE.